Saturday, July 22, 2006

Illustration Friday 072106 : Opposites

Click here to see a larger version
Sweet and sour are opposites, aren't they? My normally astute husband didn't get it, mostly because he didn't recognize the lemon as a lemon. ("That's never a lemon!") Ah, well, everyone's a critic...

The bee has been borrowed from an animation I'm working on at the moment ("The Inflammatory Response" - I'll post a link when it's done for anyone who wants to know why bee stings hurt and infected cuts turn red!)

15 comments:

Jeannetto said...

Makes me want a cup of tea.

Anonymous said...

Two of my favourite opposites. And it's obviously a lemon!

claudine hellmuth said...

very nice! I like your graphic style and color palette.

mel said...

cute and clever :)

n. said...

that totally looks like a lemon. what else would it be?!

maybe the honeypot is very large, bargain size for honey enthusiasts.

Jana Bouc said...

I like your style. Really sharp and bright. I knew it was a lemon--it's got that lemony shape and color.

Anonymous said...

lovely illo, original and smart take on the topic...

Loni Edwards said...

I've seen a lemon like that! :) Nice job, and yes, Jeannettee, I agree, a cup of Chamomile Tea would go quite nicely with it!

Unknown said...

opposites attract bees apparently :) haha cute illo! i'm glad someone did sweet and sour! :)

Jay said...

great. I like this

Franfou said...

very nice colors and own style !

Serline said...

Yummy! It's my favourite honey lemon drinks.

Tony LaRocca said...

Are you doing an animation on inflamatory responses for fun or profit?

lucrezia said...

Technically for profit, as it's the "day job"... but it's all still new enough to be fun as well!

Thanks for the comments, all. My husband has been suitably chastened for doubting my ability to render fruit!

georg said...

What did your hudbond think, that yellow fruit could be?? It is a very nice lemon, can you tell him.

Your image is very nice, and I love your douce colours.